Transportation employees contribute to the academic success of Central Kitsap School District students. We connect with them daily as mentors, observers and at times, confidants. Despite the challenges of change, we must remain focused for the students and their families.
One word describes how we accomplish our mission: SAFETY
Bus Drivers Needed
We are currently looking for the following:
- Substitute Bus Drivers $18.47/hour
- Substitute Bus Assistants $15.64/hour
You can apply online. You'll need a letter of interest or cover letter, a current driver abstract and at least two confidential professional references.
Reasons to Drive with Us
With flexible hours, bus driving is the perfect job for:
- College Students
- People looking for extra income
- People who want to be home when the children are off for holidays and school vacations
Our buses have automatic transmissions. We have new equipment. And you can work mornings, afternoons or all day.
Our drivers must meet requirements set by the Department of Education, Department of Transportation and the Washington State Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI).
- Are at least 21 years old to be a driver and 18 to be a school bus assistant
- Have a good driving record for the past 5 years
- Pass a background check
- Are drug free
- Are dependable and flexible.
- Enjoy working with children
Once you complete the application process and if you meet the qualifications, our human resources staff will contact you with interview times. If your interview is successful, you will need to undergo a background check and a professional reference check. We may offer you the ability to participate in our training program.
Driver Cost & Reimbursement
We may reimburse you up to $610 for the cost of earning a commercial driver's license (CDL)! To be reimbursed, you'll need:
- Proof of all receipts
- To successfully complete training
- To successfully work 500 hours for us
Learn more about estimated application costs, training and reimbursement.