We provide technical support and centralized cataloguing services our school librarians. This support enables the library staff to devote their time to engaging with students.
Our services include:
- Collect ordering information from teacher-librarians; create and process purchases for books and supplies; receive orders; troubleshoot problems with vendors
- Retrieve and/or create bibliographic records that meet national library standards for all resources
- Physically process books and other materials and ship resources to sites
- Maintain CKSD’s professional collection; circulate and inventory
- House and circulate classroom videos and other various resources such as science models and multicultural kits
- Receive, check in, distribute and claim missing issues for elementary school magazine subscriptions
- Assist technology staff with installation, upgrades, troubleshooting
- Train new library staff as well as substitutes on the library automation software
CKSD Media Library
We have more than 2,400 instructional videos, educational models and resource kits. We distribute them daily from the Library Services Center. Media can be reserved through the Destiny library catalog (ask your building librarian for details).